Two Hearts Designer Patchwork Quilt Block Pattern
Two Hearts is a block quilt pattern, 12″ x 12″. Suitable for use on its own for a cushion cover or small wall hanging, the design can also be used as a block repeated many times to make a large bed cover quilt. If you use the pattern in such a way, vary the lines of bias tape placement to connect the hearts more meaningfully.
The construction method for making the original quilt included bias-bound edges around each heart and machine appliqué using the stitch-in-the-ditch method. Put together in the easiest way for you, this design will surely capture your heart!
Add seam allowances to all patches and borders.
Supplies needed to make this quilt top:
• Bias tape for the ties, about 48″
• Binding strips, about 52″
• Scrap fabrics for the hearts
• Bias strips to bind edges of hearts, about 70″
• Crossgrain strips to make accent piping, about 48″
• 1 fat quarter for the background
Special Note: Use Adobe Acrobat Reader to print, set to Poster at 100%. ￼