Lilac and Clover, a Designer Pinwheel Quilt Pattern
At 36" square, Lilac and Clover is an extraordinary Designer Pinwheel quilt pattern based on four-fold rotation of a tessellated right triangle. Hand-dyed fabrics, 3-D embellishments and broken symmetry make it unusually expressive of the underlying graceful design composition.
Special Note: To print, use Adobe Acrobat Reader, set to Poster at 100%.
Wide gray lines in the pattern can be bias tape or bound-edge piecing as was applied in the original quilt. Dashed lines on the pattern indicate suggested quilting lines in addition to stitch-in-the-ditch used to define each patch in the quilt. Find some special embellishment to conceal an awkward intersection and enhance the central focal point.
Supplies needed to make this quilt top:
• Optional embellishments such as bias tape, metallic or other cording, a button or other accessory for the center
• Decorative threads as desired
• Neutral color piecing thread
• Selection of fabrics, 1/2 yard to 1 yard, 44-45" wide, or otherwise
• 2 yards fusible (iron-on) interfacing (Pellon 911 or Vilene H250) to make the pattern
• Double-needle (optional for applying bias tape)
Instructions for making Designer Pinwheel quilts, as well as for designing your own original Designer Pinwheels, are available in the ebook "Designer Pinwheels.” Learn how to make Fuss-Free Binding, quickly applied entirely by machine, from the e-book, Bind Quilts by Machine or enrol in the online quilt class.
Sign up today to receive news of the online quilt class, Designer Pinwheels (coming soon!) and receive a free online class and pattern for Sudoku Quilts!